Jason Karl Davis
k d @ j a s o n k a r l d a v i s . c o m
things I currently do
- I borrow ideas from PDEs, asymptotic analysis, and stochastic modeling to describe prion phenotype initialization and progression in S. cerevisiae.
- I use a combination of Fortran, C++, Python, and OpenCL to implement numerical schemes, write scientific codes, and visualize data.
things I would like to do
- work on massively parallel scientific codes
- identify opportunities to combine my broad background in mathematics, statistics, and computer science
things I used to do
- teaching / pedagogy (stem-focused)
- web application development (js, css, html, php, mysql, other trendy technologies du jour)
statement of interest
I like to say that I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. I am a good communicator, learn fast, and love working on interesting and hard problems, especially if collaboration is involved. If you need someone like that, you should email me.